Big Grafted mango (mangifera) tropical live fruit tree 3’-4’ mallika
Introducing the Mango Mallika Fruit Tree: An Exquisite Addition to Your Garden
Imagine the pride and satisfaction of plucking sun-kissed, juicy mangoes straight from your very own garden. The Mango Mallika fruit tree (Mangifera indica ‘Mallika’) is a must-have for any gardening enthusiast with a taste for exotic, delectable fruit. The Mallika variety is renowned for its delightful flavor, boasting a perfect balance of sweetness and acidity, and an irresistible, melt-in-your-mouth texture. As a bonus, this variety is less prone to disease and pests, making it an ideal choice for home gardeners.
- USA ZONES
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Grafted mango Mallika tree is an exceptional fruit tree that should be in every gardener’s collection. The tree is known for its exceptionally sweet, aromatic, and juicy fruit that is just bursting with flavor. The mangoes from this tree are sure to be the highlight of your summer, and you’ll find yourself eagerly anticipating their arrival every year.
The Mallika mango tree is a beautiful addition to any landscape, with its lush green foliage and a rounded shape that provides ample shade. It is also an excellent tree for those who are short on space, as it can be grown in a container or trained to grow as a dwarf tree. With its relatively small size, the Mallika mango tree is perfect for urban or suburban environments.
- Choose the perfect spot: Mango Mallika trees thrive in full sunlight, so pick a sunny area in your garden with well-draining soil. Ensure the location has enough space for the tree’s mature size, which can range from 12 to 15 feet.
- Dig a hole: Create a planting hole twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball of your sapling. Loosen the soil at the bottom and the sides of the hole to promote healthy root growth.
- Plant the sapling: Gently remove the sapling from its container, being careful not to damage the delicate roots. Place it in the hole, making sure that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil. Fill the hole with soil, gently firming it down as you go.
- Water well: Thoroughly water the sapling immediately after planting to help the roots establish in their new environment. Apply a slow, deep watering method to ensure the root ball is fully saturated.
Caring for Your Mango Mallika Tree:
- Watering: Water your mango tree deeply and regularly, especially during the first year as it establishes itself. Once established, water the tree during extended dry periods or when the soil is dry to a depth of 3 inches. Avoid over-watering, as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer every 2-3 months during the growing season, following the package instructions for the appropriate amount. Be careful not to over-fertilize, as this can lead to excessive leaf growth and reduced fruit production.
- Pruning: Prune your mango tree in the early years to encourage a strong, open canopy that allows sunlight to penetrate. Remove any dead, damaged, or diseased branches, and maintain the tree’s overall shape.
- Pest and disease control: Inspect your tree regularly for any signs of pests or diseases. Take prompt action to address any issues, using organic or chemical controls as necessary.
- Harvest the fruit when it is fully ripe, which is indicated by its yellow-orange color and a slight give when pressed gently.
In conclusion, the Mallika mango tree is a wonderful addition to any garden, providing delicious fruit and beauty year after year. By following the planting and care instructions, you can enjoy a bountiful harvest of sweet and juicy mangoes from this tree for years to come. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to grow this exceptional fruit tree in your own backyard!
There are no reviews yet.