Grafted Yellow Rambután (Nephelium lappaceum) exotic fruit live tree 24”-36”
Golden Rambutan, a rare and sought-after variety, is a prized addition to tropical fruit collections. This distinct cultivar, a variation of the traditional rambutan, is celebrated for its vibrant appearance and unique flavor.
Interesting Fact about Golden Rambutans:
Golden Rambutans are relatively rare compared to their red counterparts. Their unique color and slightly varying taste make them a sought-after delicacy among fruit aficionados. This distinct hue in the rambutan family adds an intriguing and exotic touch to fruit collections and culinary experiences.
- USA ZONES
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Golden Rambutan Characteristics:
– **Exterior:** Unlike the typical red-skinned rambutan, the Golden Rambutan stands out with its bright yellow or golden-hued exterior. This eye-catching color makes it a visually stunning addition to any fruit assortment.
– **Interior:** The fruit’s interior showcases the familiar juicy and translucent flesh of the rambutan, which is sweet, with a mild acidic undertone. It’s loved for its succulence and delightful taste.
– **Flavor Profile:** The flavor of the Golden Rambutan is akin to the red rambutan, offering a sweet and refreshing taste. The bright color and delicious flavor make it a favorite among fruit enthusiasts.
**Caring for Your Golden Rambutan Tree:**
Providing the right care ensures healthy growth and a bountiful harvest of golden-hued rambutans. Here are some key care guidelines:
1. **Location:** Choose a sunny spot for your rambutan tree, ensuring it receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight daily. These trees thrive in warm climates.
2. **Soil:** Rambutan trees prefer well-draining soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH. Good drainage is essential to prevent waterlogging.
3. **Watering:** Young rambutan trees require regular watering to establish their root systems. Once established, maintain consistent moisture in the soil, avoiding both drought and waterlogged conditions.
4. **Fertilization:** Apply a balanced fertilizer during the growing season to provide necessary nutrients for healthy growth. Follow the recommended dosage to support the tree’s development.
5. **Pruning:** Prune your rambutan tree as needed to maintain its shape, remove dead or diseased branches, and encourage proper airflow. Pruning during the dormant season aids in its growth.
6. **Pest and Disease Management:** Keep an eye out for common pests like aphids and mites, and take appropriate measures to manage them. Regular monitoring helps safeguard the fruit-bearing capability of the tree.
By cultivating a Golden Rambutan tree, you not only enjoy the delectable taste of rambutans but also the striking visual appeal of their golden-colored skin. It’s a rewarding experience to nurture and witness the growth of this distinctive variety, adding a touch of tropical allure to your garden.